Should I register my Ipod?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LeahM, Apr 2, 2008.

1. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Why should I register my Ipods? Is there a reason? Are there any benefits/disadvantages

Or is Apple just trying to keep tabs?

(I tried looking for a similar thread but with no luck)

2. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12

3. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

um Warranty. Does it sound familiar? Think about it man. If I were you, i'd add applecare. If anything happens to the ipod (ipod nano, touch, etc.), usb cable, earphones or anything that was included when you bought it originally applecare will replace it for free I believe. I had my earphones replaced free with no questions asked and they arrived in 3 days. Well worth it

4. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I thought you had to call a number to register applecare?

I'm just afraid that if I register it, it'll restrict me to itunes sites, eg, I buy music in canada but buy my movies from itunes US store. Would registering it restrict where I can buy music/movies from?

5. jeffmc macrumors 6502

i was under the impression you're physical location limits you to where you buy movies and music from.

have you successfully purchased music from a store other than the canadian store?

6. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Yea, I've made two different accounts, I live right on the border so its not an issue of buying an itunes card either. But again, I have two different accounts, a US and CAN one.

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Since you have two Apple IDs, you're probably going to be better off either not registering at all (to avoid confusion) or registering only with your Canadian account. Do not try to register it with both accounts - this is likely to fail.

That said, unless you have AppleCare for your iPod there's no real reason to register.

8. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Thanks. Do you have to register your computer too? Do you not have to? Because I have applecare for my MBP but I have yet to register it, but I got it last month so I still have a while to do it

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Yes do it coz if something goes wrong with iPod they will replace it str8 away coz it was registered if the problem is apples fault