Should I regret?

cdmc8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
2
0
I recently ordered a PB 15 1.67GHz....and i recently read the article regarding the release of the new tiger OS on the 15th...and for sure I'll be getting my PB w/ in the week all ready w/o this fantastic new OS. Should i start kicking myself for this? :confused:
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
2
Randy's House
No, you shouldn't regret it, unless 139.00 is a serious heartbreak for you.

You'd probably have to wait a month or more for a machine that comes pre-installed with it.
 

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
4,940
0
Dress Rosa
never regret anything. Sure you won't have the newest OS in a month or two, but that doesn't really matter. You'll be happy with your purchase.
 

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
2,247
1
At home
Are Apple still doing the upgrade your os thing? So when you buy a Mac and a new vesion of macosx appears close to when you bought the Mac - you get a cheap upgrade.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
2
Randy's House
Chappers said:
Are Apple still doing the upgrade your os thing? So when you buy a Mac and a new vesion of macosx appears close to when you bought the Mac - you get a cheap upgrade.
I think that is usually good for, what, 30 days from release?
 

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
1,454
0
I think it is only from the date they announce the new version. I didn't think it had a specific "timeframe".

If you buy a Mac anytime after the new version (so it covers refurbished machines), and it doesn't have the new version...you can get the upgrade.
 

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
331
1
Virginia Beach
iGary said:
No, you shouldn't regret it, unless 139.00 is a serious heartbreak for you.

You'd probably have to wait a month or more for a machine that comes pre-installed with it.
Panther is $129, so I was thinking Tiger was going to be the same price. I hope Apple does not raise the price.
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
dferrara said:
Can anyone confirm that it's 30 days or after the announcement? :confused:
For all the Apple software I can think of (OS X, iLife, Final Cut Express and some others) it has been Apple's policy to offer the Up To Date program from the date of the announcement. I would expect no different with Tiger. If you order before Tiger is announced but the Machine is shipped after the announcement, you should check with Apple as in my opinion that should qualify for the Up To Date program.
 

lasuther

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2004
670
0
Grand Haven, Michigan
cdmc8 said:
I recently ordered a PB 15 1.67GHz....and i recently read the article regarding the release of the new tiger OS on the 15th...and for sure I'll be getting my PB w/ in the week all ready w/o this fantastic new OS. Should i start kicking myself for this? :confused:
Not much you can do now, but I would have waited. In fact, I am waiting to buy the same PowerBook right now unless there is a major revision to the iBook bumping its graphics card. Then I will probably get another iBook.

lasuther
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.