Should i replace it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DeAniel28, Mar 16, 2018.

1. DeAniel28, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018

DeAniel28 macrumors member

I got the airpods yesterday brand new... and.. surprise the front part of the charging case has a lot of hairline scratches ONLY the front smh. but everything else is brand new even the smell of the box and earpods themselves, never dropped it should i replace it or no?

heard apple don't provide warranty for cosmetics/Physical damage. but it did arrive with the scratch in it. so idk

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

That is completely up to you. Hairline scratches will happen over time anyway, they really are unavoidable. If it’s the fact that the scratches were there right out of the box that is driving you crazy, then I’d say try to get them exchanged. If you don’t at least try to see if Apple will help you out, that might drive you even more crazy than the hairline scratches themselves down the road. Give it a go, what do you have to lose? The worse they could say is no.

3. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Apple charged you a premium for the Airpods, these aren't $12 use-and-throws found at the mall kiosk. So hold them accountable to deliver a product up to your satisfaction. If not satisfied, return them..

4. DeAniel28 thread starter macrumors member

Apple said contact where i bought it from. Hopefully they will replace this. it triggers my OCD especially right out of the box
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    Luckily i have 14 days to return it. The down side is. if they said i scratched it on purpose, i mean why would i do that. LOL

5. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

So return them before the 14 days are up and buy another set from somewhere else

6. exogeneity macrumors member

Get it changed - we look forward to see you in the club!

7. LordEntropy macrumors regular

Yeah get them changed. For the price don’t accept poor quality out of the box.