Should I Replace LCD, Digitizer, or Both?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MetalNeon, Apr 13, 2009.

1. MetalNeon macrumors newbie

Ok, so, I left my 8 Gig 2nd Gen iPod Touch in the seat pocket of my car, which would be fine, except for the fact that I did not realize that there was an open bottle of water at the bottom of the pocket! o_O;;

The iPod seems as if there is no hard drive damage done to it; I press the "Power Button" in the upper left corner and it displays the "slide to unlock" screen just as usual. The problem is, that I cannot interact with it, the touch screen seems unresponsive. I try to "slide to unlock" but it simply doesn't work. Aside from that, the LCD screen doesn't seem to light up. I know a friend who had a Nano whose screen wouldn't light up, so I assume I'll replace the screen LCD and that will take care of it. My question is, will I need to replace the Digitizer as well? I have no idea what a Digitizer really is, but I assume it helps with the touch screen functionality. What do I do? Any help will be appreciated! =D

2. MetalNeon thread starter macrumors newbie

What I am trying to say is, I do not know if changing the LCD screen will take care of the touch screen's unresponsiveness, or if I need to change the digitizer, as well.

3. MallyMall7 macrumors newbie

it sounds like it would be more the digitizer than just the outer lens

4. MetalNeon thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha. It actually just needed a rest for a while. It's working fine now, LCD, touch screen and all! :D