Should I replace my battery?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by CountMaxMore, Feb 7, 2015.

1. CountMaxMore macrumors member

CountMaxMore

Hi, I've been running my Powerbook for a number of years now and I feel as if the battery is starting to have it.... (I am going to include a coconut battery pic) Do you think a new battery will dramatically increase the battery life? or is it not worth buying a new one at this point?

Attached Files:

2. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

I replaced my 12" PB G4's battery about a month before I sold it with a $30 china one. It worked well, held about a 3 hour charge while I had it. Idk how it is now, but if you do replace your battery, don't expect too much out of it.

3. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Your Mac is 24,533 months old :eek: That means your Mac is 2,044 years old :eek: WOW

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Unless the battery is showing symptoms of bad cells, I would just run it until you hit about 50% capacity.

5. Xernicus macrumors member

I'd say a battery replacement probably isn't needed with only 37 cycles on it. And with 75% charge capacity for it's age, that isn't bad at all.

What you can do is stick the battery in your freezer (in a Ziploc bag) for three days, defrost it on a heater (low heat), dry it, and then return it to it's normal operation. I've done this to salvage laptop batteries in the past, though I have not used it on working batteries, only ones that refused to take a charge after sitting.