Should I replace my iPad with a new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akimoriRyuuji, Jan 28, 2016.

1. akimoriRyuuji macrumors regular

akimoriRyuuji

Title pretty much sums things up.
    Now, of course, this is going to be entirely subjective. And different people have different needs. I'm mostly interested in the perspective of someone who owns a phablet (specifically the iPhone 6+); whether or not they sold their tablet in favour of a phone.

I'm quite happy with my iPad Mini 2 32GB. Problem is, I need money if I buy a new phone. I imagine I can still sell it for even $400 seeing as it's still a really good tablet, perfect condition.

I also have an iPhone 5c 8gb that I foolishly bought over christmas. I love having an iPhone, and whether or not the 5c was a good choice, I'm just happy to be able to partake in the experience. Of course, as with the way of the world, after time the contentment wavers. For reference, I had a cheap Lumia phone before this. I'm glad to be off Windows Phones.

I have no problem with the 5c honestly, just that I'd love to be able to have the best of both worlds in one device; not two. I understand that a phablet approaches a solution. Having seen one in store, I could see myself using it as my primary mobile device. Though, I do a fair amount of reading. Particularly manga.

If I were to buy an iPhone 6+, it would be the 64GB model. That approaches $1,100 CAD.
    I can sell my 5C for up to $200 through Apple's resale program, and then I might have close to half the cost of the phone I desire. The rest of it would be paid by my summer job.

Of course, I'm not rushing into anything. I won't be able to take action on this until I have a job, which is far off from now. Plus, I like to do ample research.

What do you guys think? Anyone in a similar boat? I love my tablet but would I enjoy a big phone more?

2. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I wouldn't necessarily advise you either way, but I can tell you that I haven't touched my iPad since I bought my iPhone 6s Plus. Actually I don't even know where it is in the house.

3. ipulsecases Suspended

ipulsecases

:(:(:(:( same here ,

4. teeshot44 macrumors member

teeshot44

Don't know where you'll get $400 for an iPad Mini 2. They're selling wifi w/cellular for $349 or less brand new. To answer your question though, I quit using my Mini as soon as I bought my +.

5. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

This thread is almost a year old. I assume the iPad mini 2 was worth a bit more back then than now.