Should I reserve my Iphone 3GS soon? (to avoid presale sellout)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eggtastic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502

Eggtastic

I will be a new iphone user this June 19th so I am more than excited for this upgrade rather than most 3g users. Should i place a preorder very soon (within the next few days) or do you think I should be good for a weekend preorder. Im asking because I know an ATT employee who might be able to work his magic on some discount but I dont think he will because Apple is different from the other companies that are selling their products.

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I am sure you can walk into any best buy the day they come out and get one.

3. Pared macrumors 65816

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

If you're concerned with getting one on launch, then you might want to order soon.

Sarcasm below:
    Yes that strategy has worked extremely well with Apple iPhones in recent history. Also would have been a great strategy with the Palm Pre...

5. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I would do it soon. I tried to preorder an upgrade to my wife's 1st gen, and when I tried to pick my local Apple store to pick it up ( Cincinnati), that store wasn't an option. The closest ones listed were Louisville and Indianapolis. I'm assuming that I couldn't choose Cincinnati because their allotment is already sold out. I'll try to call them and see if that's the case.

6. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Scratch my assumption above, because the Cincinnati Apple store is closed from June 1-11 for renovations. They will be back open almost a week before launch, so I'm still not sure why I can't preorder there. I might just try to preorder there after the 12th.

7. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

The Apple store I went to last year had tons of phones the opening weekend if you dont want to pre-order. Now the lines were north of 4 hours during the day, but that was probably due to activation. Sounds like in home activation this year based on how they are selling it online?

8. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I don't think they will have a problem with the phones like they did last year.. They are letting you pre-order so that's a great thing.. I'm sure this time around they have plenty....

James

9. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Has anyone gotten their confirmation email after pre-ordering? I got mine and in it it says I can come in any time during the day of my reservation but then under Date it is blank. I was wondering if I was the only one who got this.