Should I Reserve or Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler1337, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi Guys,

As like many of you, i'm debating on whether I should pre-order the iPhone 6+ or reserve it for instore pickup?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

I want to get my hands on the iPhone on the day of release. :) This will be my first time ordering an iPhone on launch, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

do you work? are you able to miss work? if you want to control everything, pre-order and reserve for pickup at store. you should be able to get it first thing when the store opens.

if not, pre-order and wait for it to arrive Sept. 19th.

3. cmjars macrumors 6502

Great question I am in the same boat. I called apple and they said they could not guarantee if I pre-order for store pick up if my phone would be available on Launch Day.

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Why don't you pre order one online tonight? Bare in mind that Apple ships to your carrier's mailing address. So if it is your home and no one is there to sign it, you will most likely pick it up at a Fedex/UPS station the following day.

Setup a UPS/Fedex account, you can set it to hold at a local store before even trying your home address. So you can pickup your phone on day one.

Good luck.