Should I Restore? :I

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iLiamize, Mar 6, 2011.

1. iLiamize macrumors newbie

iLiamize

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I own an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak, I hear that 4.3 is comming out? My problem
    is that I want it realy bad, this jailbreak is no longer worth it. Should I just click the "Restore" button on iTunes now while the up to date version probibly hasn't patched the jailbreak yet? I know from previous experiences I have been in recovery loops with no solution... I mean should I just update to iOS 4.3 when it comes out, or would that f*** it up.... I need to know so when it comes out on March 11th I know what I'm doing or have done :l

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Why don't you stay with 4.2.1 until a jailbreak for 4.3 is announced and released?

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

I don't understand what you want to do.

You currently have 4.2.1jb, but want the next version of iOS 4.3, which hasn't been released yet.

Why would you restore again? Just wait.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Either way will work for you . Since you want to give up the jailbreak on your phone, just click restore now to put the Apple official 4.2.1 on your phone or when the 4.3 comes out, Itunes will ask you to upgrade. Once you upgrade through Itunes, it will erase your jailbreaking as well.

5. iLiamize thread starter macrumors newbie

iLiamize

ExAcTLy! But when doing that I shouldnt put it in recovery mode right? Either way if i dont or do put it in recovery mode, will it give me an error code??:)

6. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Nope it will update as normal but the JB will be gone.

7. iLiamize thread starter macrumors newbie

iLiamize

Thanks! :D:D:D: