Resolved Should I return Air for Air 2? Can't decide!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stevewil131, Oct 23, 2014.

1. stevewil131 macrumors newbie

So not realizing that the Air two was announced last week, I stopped by Best Buy and purchased a 64gb Ipad Air for 499.00 + tax. I also purchased and had them install the Zagg glass. For $100, I could return this and get the 64gb Air 2. I would also likely lose the 50 dollars for the glass as I dont think that is returnable. What do yall think I should do?

2. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I'd always go with what's newest. This happened with me a couple of years back with iPad 3, a week before iPad 4 came out. I returned it. You're going to have this iPad for at least a year. Get the Air 2. Lose $50 if you need to. Also, isn't the new Air 128gb same price as old 64gb?

3. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

AaronM5670

I don't think there's any point in returning it (especially seeing as you have to pay for it) unless you desperately want Touch ID.

Having said that, if it were free then I definitely would. :eek:

4. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Wait a year, or six months if they're releasing the iPad Pro.

5. Jawnathin macrumors 6502

Return it while you still can. Their return policy is only 15 days now BTW, so get going soon.

6. bOFFE1968 macrumors member

bOFFE1968

7. macduke Suspended

macduke

If you're going to keep this iPad for many years, then the new Air 2 is the one to get. 2GB of RAM means this bad boy is getting updates through at least iOS 11, maybe even 12. The 1GB devices will trail off sooner. Otherwise if the Safari tabs problem has never been an issue for you and you upgrade regularly you can probably wait. But that screen protector—can't you just carefully remove it and apply it to your new iPad? I did that for my mom once. The key when applying screen protectors is to turn off all fans and AC systems in your house and let everything settle down for 30-60 minutes. Get a freshly hand-washed microfiber cloth a little bit moist and wipe down the new device. Use scotch tape to peel the old protector off at a corner and remove the whole thing. Slowly bring the protector down onto the new device at the bottom corners and align the home button, then guide it along the side with the edge of your finger. Watch as you slowly place it down for any pieces of dust that cause bubbles. If there are any, pull back the protector slightly and take a piece of scotch tape and put it around your finger and dab it up gently, then try again. Repeat until down all the way. I'm not sure how the glass ones work though, but I imagine it's possible.