Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gunpowda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
My MacBook came almost just before the C2D change, so I may have the opportunity to return it without paying a charge and get the newer model.

Should I? The issue is that it might take up to 10 days for the refund to hit my account before I could buy the new one, and as a student I'd really need the use of my computer in that time.

How much better is C2D, and would you go for the upgrade?

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
My MacBook came almost just before the C2D change, so I may have the opportunity to return it without paying a charge and get the newer model.

Should I? The issue is that it might take up to 10 days for the refund to hit my account before I could buy the new one, and as a student I'd really need the use of my computer in that time.

How much better is C2D, and would you go for the upgrade?

Yes, I would. More RAM and a bigger HDD are also something to consider.

FWIW, I would also order the new one with 2GB of RAM for the extra $175.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I wouldn't, sounds like a headache to me. If you're happy with your computer, keep it! I know it's very tempting to make sure you have the most updated model, but i don't think a c2d would improve your computing experience. If you have a problem-free apple laptop, count your lucky stars and hang on to it!

...of course, ignore all of that if you only have 512 ram. That's not enough, get more.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I would, but only if you can do so for free. I understand the argument that if you're happy with your computer and it meets your needs, then don't waste your time, but if Apple is willing to replace/let you return then buy a new one for free (minus your time spent), then why the heck not? More ram, more HD space, faster and newer processor... computers get outdated quick enough - if you have a chance to keep yours current just that little bit longer, then do it!

gunpowda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Just a quick update, I'm returning my macbook and getting the better 2.0ghz C2D, which has all the customisations on my old one as standard.

I'll have to wait a bit, but it's not the biggest problem!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.