Should i return it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trentmal, Jul 23, 2008.

1. trentmal macrumors newbie

Hey! i seem to have teh worst luck with technology. My first iphone 3g had cracks in it and now my second iphone ( replacement ) has a faded screen. Ok so the screen is ok but compared to every other iphone 3g screen i have compared it too, it appears faded and less vibrant. The colours are not as bright and it seems kind of washed out in comparison to the other iphones. The screen seems dull compared to my first one and all other ihone i have compared it too.It also has one dead pixel. As well as in one of the corners there is a yellow tinge. Like a yellow burn. It is very small only stretching about .5 cm but its there. Not noticeable to the naked eye. But on closer inspection is rather annoying. Also the headphone input is slightly louder in one ear. Very very slightly but i listen to a bit of music and it is starting to get to me. SO should i return t, will apple replace it like they did my first iphone? Thanx in advance for your help.

2. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

hmmm i would take it back it to the apple store

3. bluelondon macrumors regular

this is what i HATE about apple products, i love their great design and beautiful UI on their ipods and iphones but i hate the fact that there is no consistency with their products. i remember i had to take my 60gb video ipod back 3 times to the apple store when i bought it a few years ago due to different issues.

and now with my iphone 3g, the battery life is dismal and i'm trying everything i can, fully charging from dead a few times, upgrading the firmware later tonight, etc, just so i don't have to take it back just yet because god know if i exchange it for another phone, what other problems the new phone will have.

everything on mine other than the battery is perfect, so i feel like i'm taking a gamble by taking it back.

but having read your issues with the screen, i would take it back without delay, there is no way you should live with that on a new product you spent hundreds of dollars for.

4. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

mmmmmm, take back, you paied for a dud, get a good one @least

5. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

definately take it back.
    you paid good money for it, you dont deserve major imperfections