Should I return my Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by damonbus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

I need advice. Monday I bought the stainless steel edition. I love the watch and everything but I'm starting to have buyers remorse. It's very costly for what it actually does and I keep thinking about the money I spent on it. Should I keep it or return it.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

If you find it useful, keep it. If you don't think it's adding much to your productivity, return it.

Really we can't answer this as it's down to you, and a lot of the opinions you'll get will be whether people personally think the Apple Watch is useful to them. I personally say return it, but that's because I don't see a usefulness for the Apple Watch in my life. Others would say keep it, because to them it's indispensable.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Clark Howard would tell you to return it.

As a side question, did you eventually decide to hold on to the iPhone 5s after your buyer's remorse back then? If so, do you like the phone now? If not, then you probably ought to take the same path with the watch.

4. damonbus thread starter macrumors member

damonbus

I kept it and ended up loving it. I have the 6 plus now and no buyers remorse over that one. :)

5. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

If you are feeling bad about spending all that money, I would say return it. It's very expensive and you could use that money on something more useful or practical.

6. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

Definitely return it if you're thinking about price after the fact. It's not a necessity like a phone. Fortunately cost wasn't an issue for me and I love my SS w/ Milanese loop. Truthfully I would've opted for the Alum version if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't have a sapphire crystal and since I'm sure I'll be upgrading every year anyway.

7. jediuia macrumors regular

you should return it

that said I have the SS with 5 different bands and I love it.

What were your expectations? It's a watch that receives notifications, you didn't know that going in?

8. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Install WatchOS2 next week and give it a few more days. You're in an interesting position now -- your 14-day trial period is half WOS1 and WOS2. You'll get a good before-and-after first impression.

9. ttNB macrumors 6502

ttNB

Did you like any of the other less expensive models? Now with the new bands, and Amazon has a great selection now too, a band change can make the watch look completely different. I originally got the Space Grey sport, with the black sports band. Amazon had a deal on the Milanese band, in space grey, (originally wanted that band) and it makes the :apple:watch look completely different. Looks refreshed, and very dress attire capable, if you were going out somewhere nice, the black Milanese band makes it very classy.
    So if you return it, and still want the watch, opt for the sports model, with the color you like. You now have Aluminum/Silver, SpaceGrey ,RoseGold, & Gold. They brought down the Black SS model, by throwing a sports band on it.
    Ultimately your decision, but I absolutely love mine. I have the 6+ as well. And sometimes the watch just helps with the quick glances at texts and emails, and news briefs, without having to take my + out all of the time.:cool:

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If you're asking us you most likely should return it.

11. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Return it and have your money.

You should buy it only if you like it and if you have the money.

It's not an investment, it's a luxury.

A $20 Nokia, is a necessity.

A $649 iPhone? No, it's not...

12. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I too had buyers remorse when I bought my Apple Watch. However, my advice is to the same thing I did. Return it and get the Sport addition. To me, it looks just as good and I got some of the money back. It is up to you. WatchOS 2 is going to bring more feeatures that should have been on the watch in the first place so keep that in mind.

13. damonbus thread starter macrumors member

damonbus

I have nothing against the watch, I love it actually, my only concern is the money I paid for it.

14. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

if you are only concerned about the money... then return it. if you like the watch well enough that you would enjoy a less expensive sport model... then get that!

I love my watch.... and I have no regrets buying it BUT I got the sport model cuz I knew darned well that i'd have to have the next version when it comes out.. .and if that happens to be next year... then I saved myself $220! ($200 for the difference in the sport to SS and another $20 in the price difference of apple care!)

15. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

This. Stop asking the internet for permission to spend money. Next time, if you have this much doubt in your mind, be an adult and don't buy it in the first place.

16. deadandalive macrumors member

deadandalive

That's why I bought the Sport. If it was only an ok device, I wouldn't care because it wasn't that expensive.

If I really liked it a lot and found it very useful (I do), then I can just upgrade it when AW2 or AW3 comes around and I wont mind spending the extra bucks.

17. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

if you feel even 1% guilt, return it

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Return it, and get a sport. As mentioned by others, this was one reason on why I opted for the sport

19. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

It doesn't do anything your phone can't do and there are a loong list of $400 watches that are much nicer.

It removes the need to pull your phone out to look at notifications but also if you want answer phone calls and ask siri something you can also do that.

Are there other watches that will allow you to do the previously listed functions? You'll get pretty close for a few hundred dollars less.

You're not the only one asking yourself if what you just bought was worth what you paid.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I personally have always been a watch guy. I also got into smart watches a few years ago. The build quality of the SS Apple Watch is leaps and bounds above anything in its class. Yes, it is expensive but when you take into account the fact it is a smart watch, and a damn good looking one, the price is worth it IMO.

The sport is a good option if you want the functionality of the apple watch, but there is a massive difference in looks. The sport definitely looks more "toyish" to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

Glad you're happy. I prefer the aluminum. :)

Nice Captain Ahab tie!