Should I return my Dell G2410?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacFanUK, Sep 30, 2009.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

After reading numerous reviews of the Dell G2410, I have today received mine, and I'm not that impressed.

I have done everything I can but I find the colours very washed out. I haven't spent a huge amount of time playing with it but I was wondering what other people thought.

Should I return it and go for a smaller, better panel or should I spend some time trying to sort the colours out?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Have you calibrated the display? Maybe the problem is the default color profile file is not a good match. To get the colr dead on even with a iMac to need to calibrate it with a hardware colorimeter.

3. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I'm not trying to get it 'dead on', just respectable :). But no, I haven't calibrated it. I wouldn't even know how to. Any tips?

Just looked at the colour profile and it's using a Syncmaster one which I guess is from my samsung screen.

4. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Have you run the color calibration utility under System Preferences -> Displays -> Color? Use the "Expert" mode and follow the on-screen instructions. Set gamma to 2.2 if it's not already. That's usually good enough for the average user who doesn't need spot on color accuracy.

5. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Thanks. I spent some time playing with the calibration, etc, and it looks 'ok' now....it may be more accurate than the samsung I had, but I had just got used to the colours.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)