Should I return my iPad 2 for 1st gen ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Airforcekid, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I haven't opened it yet for several reasons one is my family cant see the difference spec wise between the 1st and 2nd gen I could still return it and get most of my money back and get a 1st gen a lot cheaper. Personally I want to just use it however half of my family feels its irresponsible too use it when something does the same exact thing cheaper. We each payed 1/4 of the total cost and selling it to someone is difficult because we never all four agree on a price or way to sell it. Tip: Never buy a computer etc to share with family/friends.

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I think you can get 2 16 gb refurb gen 1 for the cost of a high end ipad2.

I with the fam.

3. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Check Craigslist. 64 gb 3G going for $500 all over the place. That is what I did.

4. brettatk macrumors regular

I'd say the iPad 2 is a lot different spec wise and if you had a 1G and a 2G next to each other you'd definitely see a difference in it's looks and operation. Now whether you think you spent too much money on it is another story. I'd say if money is an issue then return it and get a 1G for less money. You might not have to pay a restocking fee, if it's unopened they'll turn it around immediately.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Return it and get go with the family.

The greatest feature of the iPad 2 is the processor and GPU. If you intended use of the iPad won't leverage those features heavily then it makes more sense to go with the cheaper iPad 1.

Plus you'll be keeping the peace in the family and that's more important :)