Should I return my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jessay, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jessay macrumors member

This is my second iPad. I bought the first one with a dent. The one I have right now has a missing pixel. It is some what of a very small line. Should I return it? Or am I just being too paranoid if it's not that noticeable?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Does it bother you enough to return it? It's your choice, believe it or not. Make your own decision.

3. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

It bothers me now that I notice it...but I'm worried I may get another iPad with a more noticeable missing pixel.

4. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Keep returning it until you get the perfect one.

5. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Funny that you say that. The apple store employees told me that no iPad is perfect.

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

A dead pixel that noticeable is worth a return IMO.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

i would immediately return it. and, i would ignore any employee who tried to tell me that a defective product is normal. dents? dead pixels?

i've got no problem with my ipad. i can assure you that there are many perfect ones out here.

8. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I should. It's just a pain to return it. Every apple product I have bought has had a pixel missing, except my MacBook pro. Ive gone through two iPhones both had missing pixels. The one I have no has a missing pixel, but I can barely notice it, so I gave up. This is why I'm contemplating on exchanging my iPad 2. Maybe I should ignore it?:rolleyes:

9. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

It's easy to ignore a dead pixel on the iPhone cuz it's held up to your ear most of the time. The iPad is meant for viewing. Screen real estate is surely compromised by a distracting dead pixel. Return it until you are satisfied. It's you who ultimately has to live with the thing.

10. Willo3G macrumors newbie

I returned like 3 ipads all with the freaking light bleeding, the last one i got was the worst one... They told me that by the time it will dissapear but i guess i have to deal with it. :eek:

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

+1

12. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I meant perfect in your eyes.

13. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Well... I'm going to return it today. I have never had a problem with bleeding (knock on wood), but I always have problems with dead pixels.

14. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Got my new iPad 2 today, again. No missing pixels! I am very happy. I looked up the backlight bleeding issues and noticed that all of my previous iPads had this issue... This one does at the bottom, but it's not severe. I don't know if I should just let it go... All of these imperfections are driving me insane.

15. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Yes do yourself a favor and return it.. that's what i would do.. You paid full price, so i don't understand why you should have an ipad with a dead pixel..

16. Yamcha macrumors 68000

I think you should stick with this one, i say that because a lot of screens suffer from backlight bleed, and finding one with no backlight bleed is going to be impossible IMO :p..vIve got the same issue with my ipad aswell however as you know it's ony noticeable with a black background..

17. roow110 macrumors regular

Try tapping the screen extremely hard where the broken pixel is and it may go away. This works with most LCD screens and has worked on my iPad touch in the past. Try this before returning it for sure.

18. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

the backlight "Bleed" is a non-issue. It's not just Apple screens, many LED backlit screens show this. It doesn't affect anything, it is not an indicator of poor quality and is only visible when the screen is black.

The dead pixel is another issue though. That surely affects your enjoyment of the display and should be replaced. If I took a new product out of the box and it was dented, I would have returned it as well.

There are some issues that people make too big a deal out of, the backlight issue is a prime example. Some though, do deserve a return trip.

19. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

20. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Discoloration. It can be usually seen when the screen is black and it usually occurs in the edges. It looks somewhat yellow(ish).

21. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

hmmm ok. i guess now i know......is there anything that causes this or is it just a manufacter defect?

22. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

As Mak47 said, I believe this is a problem with a lot of LCD screens. If it was really bad, I would return it, but it's not bad at all. I also think that this can be somewhat of a controlled issue. So maybe it is a manufacturer defect if it's really bad...

23. Jessay thread starter macrumors member

Very true. I think this iPad is the one!

24. snow blind macrumors regular

Smart! I just exchanged mine for another and this new one's bleed is worse... oh well, at least everythings functional... and this later build iPad 2 has a much better home button than my first day one (more firm/responsive.. last one was mushy and recessed too far) .

25. xPurpleblob macrumors regular

I actually exchanged my ipad about 8 times. This one that i have is perfect with the exception of having dust go into the space between the bezel and aluminium. ( which to an extent i cleaned off.) make sure to get the second quarter ipad. THIS ipad has absoblutely no screen problems including baclight bleeding.