Should I return my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Luckybobby, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Luckybobby macrumors regular

So I just noticed that my iPad has two dead pixels both of them on the oppisite side of the screen. I was wondering if I should go through the hassle of returning it. Cause I read that when people return their iPads some of them get a worst one as a replacement. Should I exchange my new iPad?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I would. Dead pixels are a definite, easily identifiable defect.

Unless you feel comfortable living with them on a device you spent quite a bit of money on, I would return it.

3. dstar macrumors regular

I played the exchange game. It wasn't fun. I initially exchanged a very good AT&T model to switch to Verizon. First Verizon unit was nice but in portrait mode the bottom half of my screen was displaying whites as a pinkish glimmering color. Drove me crazy reading PDF docs.

Second unit had grey dots under the glass.

Third unit is good. I may have a single dead pixel toward the right edge but not really noticeable. or it might be a pin head size defect. Very very tiny though.

I think in the end it's just a matter of being pleased. In my opinion perfection doesn't exist.

4. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

5. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Wifi weakness is one thing . Dead pixels? Definitely replace it. Why enjoy such a great display in that condition. Don't matter if you can barely see them. What's the hassle. Restoring a new device? I will be returning my wifi weakened ipad3 any day now. Trying to gather as much info as possible to eliminate the chance of a fix being sent out but I doubt it now because of Apples invitation to return defective devices,

6. Hoce macrumors newbie

Yes!

Im sure they'll give you a new one straightaway

7. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm trying to determine if mine has wifi weakness. Can you tell me more about yours? Did you have few wifi bars? No connection at all? Or would it turn off and on periodically?

10. Luckybobby thread starter macrumors regular

Little update

Ok so I went to the apple store today to return it. They gave me a whole lecture about a dead pixel isn't something I should exchange my iPad for and that if I have another dead pixel they probably won't replace it. But after all that they gave a new iPad that is perfect :D This is what they emailed me if you wanted to know.

Problem Description/Diagnosis
    Issue: Dead pixel in lower right corner
    Steps to reproduce: Visually verified
    Cosmetic Condition: Excellent. Dead pixel in lower right of display
    Known Liquid Damage: No

11. MarioS macrumors newbie

Yes

Dead pixels are defiantly a cause for return especially if you are within the 30 days.

12. echos macrumors newbie

Definitely you should return, but make sure you can easily demonstrate the dead pixles with a photo shoot of a white paper or clear sky.

13. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I've opened 8, all with dead pixels or dust that looks like a dead pixel, is just me being unfortunate, or is there something wrong with these panels?