Should I return my iPhon3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Okay.So I love my phone, but it has been on my nerves recently...

1.It is starting to freeze up and I am having to close the program (SMS,PHONE,etc.)

2.It lags ALOT now for some reason
    3.3G service is not that strong or fast...
    4.Just noticed that my screen is a little tilted on the right top side by the earpiece (doesnt bother me though)

-Should I wait for an update for the 3G service to be improved or should I go make an appt. at my local apple store for a return? Or do I have to go to AT&T because I purchased it there

MAIN QUESTION: Should I wait for an update OR return? :eek:

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

Most of your symptoms can be fixed with a software update. If the screen is big enough of an issue, then take it back. I had to do this twice with screen issues. You can go to Apple store. I did even though it was purchased at AT&T. Basically IMO, wait unless the screen is an issue.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just on the basis of the tilted screen, they'll get you a replacement. All that other stuff goin' on adds to the necessity to get it looked at by a Genius Tech. Take it to the nearest Apple Store, and the sooner the better...:(

4. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

screen tilt

The screen is bothering me now because I literally JUST noticed...Can that mess up the inside's? Dust or w.e?

Not to be picky, but how would I get a NEW iPhone 3G? Not refurb, but new cause it would have no scratches and no screen tilts problems or 3G service problems cause I here its a chip inside?

Help pls.:confused::confused:

5. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Did you get a refurb or sealed new one?

Do the refurbs have any scratches or look brand new?

6. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

Well mine were replaced very closely to the launch date. It was more than likely new because I doubt they had many if any refurbs. Either way, my current one is as good as gold (minus 3G problems). Dust could get in I suppose. Mine was skewed and let light leak out. They replaced it no questions asked.

8. appleguy5211 macrumors member

Your replacement will always be new. Apple doesnt replace items at the bar with refurb.

9. johata3 macrumors regular

I hope this thread might help me to see if I should get my iPhone 3G replaced too.

I've got my iPhone on the release day (July 11th) and so far I didn't have any problems yet.

However, lately I've realized that my sound setting was a bit weird. For some reason, the phone keeps lowered half way. I always turn up the highest so that I can hear it loud and clear from my pocket or backpack.

I've thought maybe I've used the volume side clicker to lower it when I was playing games on my iphone. Unfortunately, when I turn on the iphone again, the volume setting was returned back half way. I've restored this many times (countless hours) and it still hasn't been fixed.

Sometimes when I turn the phone, the volume is left at the highest but sometimes, without even using the volume clicker or anything, the volume setting is lowered to half way automatically.

I've never dropped the phone before and I've left my phone in a protective case since the moment I've opened it from the box. Do you guys think I should get this replaced?

10. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I am having the same problem with the volume... I think I am going to return.... :/

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You guys need to do a little more research than just listening to 2 or 3 people in one thread before you run off to the Apple store. What is it about the iPhone that makes people so quick to jump to conclusions???

As one reply stated, your problems, besides the screen tilt, are software based, and they have all been discussed and addressed here many times before, including the volume problem.

The flood of people flocking to the Apple stores to exchange phones for software problems are clogging up the stores, making it hard to get legitimate Genius Bar appointments. Likewise, the flood of people who think their phone is defective because of an interface problem are clogging up the iphone forums.

Unless your phone is physically defective, wait for a firmware update. If you have audio or signal problems and a firmware update does not fix them, then come back here and look around. If the consensus is that the firmware update fixed peoples' problems, THEN consider an exchange.

12. svndmvn Guest

I think i've read all these posts quite carefully, can anyone explain the "screen tilting" thing?

13. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHA, shows how much you know.

14. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

What is it? How about thousands of complaints on the blogs and stories of horrible phones.