Should I return my iphone after....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flabombero, Nov 12, 2008.

1. flabombero macrumors member

Last week my girlfriend dropped my phone in a cup of water by accident. She dropped it and tried catching it and knocked it right into the cup. It only had a few ounces of h2o in it but my phone started acting up. I turned it off for 24hours and set it in rice to get all the moisture out. I turned it on and it is working perfect now. I looked at both water damage stickers and they are still white. Should I go ahead and make up some reason and return it anyways since it did get wet and might start corroding and give me problems later on?

2. diggator macrumors member

diggator

I would be stressed over that and would want to have a Genious check it out, but then again, if its OK, there is nothing they will do.. Also, wondering where do you find the stick? How do you check that? Thanks

3. antibact1 macrumors 6502

I love how no one wants to take responsibility for their actions any more. It makes me want to throw up.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Karma dude...

5. svndmvn Guest

no,you should crack the glass with the cup first..

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

There is a way Apple employees can tell if your phone was in the water. They'll know.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

If nothing is wrong with the phone then it's probably going to be pretty difficult for you to get Apple to take it back. They are going to try to recreate the problem and if they can't they'll likely refuse return.

Now if its true that the water damage indicator didn't change and it starts acting up later, might as well wait for that moment to happen. I'm assuming that any problems caused by the water won't suddenly prop up 6 months from now when your warranty's gone.

8. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

He said the stickers are still white. They turn red in water. Unless something is wrong with the phone that the genius can see, they won't exchange it. If something is wrong, give it a try it can't hurt.