Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachman76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I just signed with at&t and got an iphone 2 days ago. so far i'm not real please with at&t but it's liveable i guess. I here the rumors of a move to verizon may me looming so that makes second guess myself. I'm still under the 30 day trial.

As far as the iphone goes. here are my thoughts so you can help me way in on this decision.

Great phone and love it. hate the camera without a zoom and the position of the camera button is to far to the bottom which makes it hard to hold and take pics one handed. No multitasking. Would like a flash with the camera. i'm still yet to get the voice recognition to actually do what i tell it to do. Would like to be able to lock out apps and stuff with passcodes. like texts and pictures.

should i take this back and hold out till july so i don't have to pay the full price to get this, what i'm sure will be, and awesome upgrade. i still have my old phone line.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Verizon is not getting the iPhone. Go to the Droid if you want to be on Verizon and want backgrounding.

Or you can jailbreak your iPhone and get some of those features you want.

Anyway, it's really up to you. No one knows what the next iPhone will have.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Only you can decide what phone you want. Go to the Verizon store and try out some phones. See if you prefer them. If so, switch. It's that simple.

But don't switch in anticipation of the iPhone coming to Verizon. That is far from certain and may not even be likely.

zachman76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
it's not so much that i just need to switch i'm sure at&t will get their act together soon enough.

It's the buyers remorse. the thought of a new one coming out in 4-6 months and i'm stuck with this one for 2 years. What if the next iphone has everything that i think is lacking in the 3gs. is it pheasable that i could sell my current one and only have to cough up a little bit to get the 4g.

I really like a lot of what apple does and i think they will always stay on top of everyone else. i fully expect them to come up with one amazing phone this year to blow out the competition that is really starting to creap up on them.

should i opt out of my contract (still in the 30 trial) and wait for 6 months for the new great iphone or keep what i got and pay a buttload for the upgrade and sell my 3gs whenever the next one comes out.

There are so many rumors of something happening this month. New iphone perhaps?? i rushed into this and i'll be so mad if they announce the 4g and it hit's stores and just out of my 30 trial. lol

Hmmmmm

zachman76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Verizon is not getting the iPhone. Go to the Droid if you want to be on Verizon and want backgrounding.

Or you can jailbreak your iPhone and get some of those features you want.

Anyway, it's really up to you. No one knows what the next iPhone will have.

so this jailbreak thing, can you still get on appstore and all the things you would normally do? Itunes and all that will it all still work

ksoze

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
It's the buyers remorse. the thought of a new one coming out in 4-6 months and i'm stuck with this one for 2 years.

True buyers remorse is when you buy something you did not need or it was not what you thought. Do you need a phone that does what the 3GS does now? If so, there should be no buyers remorse. If you are fearful that Apple will have a new model coming out that is faster, smaller, and better, that is not buyers remorse. That is life. That is technology today.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Return it and get an used iPod Touch 3G. Sell the iPod Touch in June before you get iPhone 4G. It's a happy solution to your dilemma.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
the thought of a new one coming out in 4-6 months and i'm stuck with this one for 2 years. What if the next iphone has everything that i think is lacking in the 3gs.

i fully expect them to come up with one amazing phone this year to blow out the competition

should i . . . keep what i got and pay a buttload for the upgrade and sell my 3gs whenever the next one comes out.

i rushed into this

Return and wait. If you're not that impressed with the phone then you'll kick yourself when the 4G's released (whether it's your dream phone or not, it will have some improvements)

I returned my 3GS because it didn't seem like much of an improvement over my 2G. Waiting to see what they release this Summer now.

eplchamps0305

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
If history teaches us anything the next iPhone will be a marginal upgrade just like the last time. Apple will not impliment every feature available on the phone at once. They will gradually introduce them as long as they are selling. Apple is not competing on the same level as other phone manufacturers.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
its gonna take a while before the 4g is released so i say that u should jailbreak your phone you have and be happy :)

TonyStyles84

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2010
What is the point of waiting? You think the iPhone 4G will be mouch different from 3GS? You can just upgrade the firmware on your old iPhone to get most of the new features
e.gif

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Can you wait 6 months? and WILL you wait 6 months? I say get it now, use it, and sell it JBed in 6months. Eat the 100$(if that), and use it until then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.