Should i return my iPhone for a new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

A few days after i bought my iPhone i noticed that in this one section the chrome that's near the screen is rough and not smooth like the rest. It's about almost half of an inch and it's really been bothering me over the week. I'm not sure if i should return it for a new one. Besides that it's perfect but it's really annoying because it's very noticeable under light, it actually shines because the chrome is rough. It's not noticeable when under no light.

Sorry no picture because my camera battery is dead. Should i return it for that reason?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I think it's kind of a stupid reason but it's not like Apple will be losing any money to replace the bezel. If you're a perfectionist and can't look past it then give it a shot. Most of the time they're not very forgiving when it comes to replacements for damage or what looks like damage.

3. juice831 macrumors member

It would bother me too so I don't think I would be happy if I didn't exchange it for a new one.

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

id replace it...but couldnt you put your like 50 problems in 1 thread instead of making 50 small threads?? no hate..

5. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

haha sorry and yeah i wish i wasn't a perfectionist, it really pisses me sometimes. But this is not damage, it's "defective" manufacture. I actually take really good care of my iPhone and look at it very closely for damage and stuff like that.

6. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

I have another question. If they change my iPhone will i be able to sync my app? What about the ones i bought? Can i sync them to the new iPhone?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It would bother me if I bought anything and it wasn't NEW and undamaged. Take it back...

8. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you know if my applications in iTunes that i bought will work on the new iPhone?

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They'll stay on the computer, just remember to do your back-up, this way you can use that same data on your new 3G iPhone when you bring it home.

10. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Also do you think if i wanted to change colors they would let me? I'm thinking about it i have white... but at that point would they say no to that unless i pay the 10% restocking fee? Btw i bought this on the 30th.

IDK ... i like the white but it kinda sucks that the screen side is black =(
    On the other side black is not very original but it's sleek.