Should I return my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agkm800, Nov 26, 2009.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

My iPod Touch 3G (32GB) has slightly raised bezel (or slightly sunken glass) and I thought it is no big deal when I bought it in September. But, it's bugging me more and more as the time goes.

I bought it from Costco so I still can return it within 3 months of purchase. However, I'd feel bad returning it for a full refund after using it for more than 2 months. Should I just keep it?

2. celticpride678

I would not. If it bugs you that much, take a trip to the Genius Bar and see what they say.

3. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

It's up to you. I think it's perfectly acceptable to return it; after all, it is a manufacturing defect that slipped by QC.

Does this defect prevent you from properly placing a form fitting case or a screen protector on your touch?

Does this defect lead to accelerated wear and tear on any cases you use because of the raised edge?

Just some things to consider if you choose to keep it.

4. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

apple will fix it if you take it back. If you have a choice, I'd send it back to apple since it's actually their process that caused the problem. If you're willing to settle for not so greatly put togeather parts, there are plenty of chinese knockoffs available online instead of spending all that cash on an ipod.

5. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

It's possible that Apple will not fix or replace it because of a cosmetic defect. My suggestion would be to return it to Costco.

6. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

7. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

I would return it for another one... Its all the same. They will just send it to apple to get RMA and get another one to sell.:apple:

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Phone apple see if they might replace it. If so take it to an apple store. If they say they won't replace it take it back to costco.

This way apple takes the hit and not costco.