Should i return my macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boateng, Oct 16, 2013.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

Basically i bought my macbook pro about 1 year ago.....

I recently downloaded the application i stat pro and it says that my fan is over 2080...and that was with my laptop charing....

I heard if your fan exhaust is over 2000, then its a problem and i should be worried....

Should i take my laptop back?
    I do have apple care also

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When you say take it back, I'm assuming you mean taking it back to Apple for them to diagnose any possible issue.

If its not working as you expect, then yes by all means have them take a look at it. The fans are cycling up because the temperature is rising. What tasks are you doing when you hear the fans. I don't think a fan speed of 2,000 is a problem, I believe they can ramp up to 6,000

3. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

Just delete istat... Its going to cause you more headaches than it is worth if you are actually concerned about your fans running at 2000 rpm. Next thing you are going to worry about is that your temps are mid 80s when playing games or watching hd vids.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

2000rpm is basically the minimum fan speed, give or take. On mine the maximum fan speed is 6200rpm, so I don't think there's anything wrong with yours.

5. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

yup--1900--2100 just idling is about right for both fans.

6. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

[/COLOR]
    Huh?

Should i be worried?

----------

Yeah this is what is confusing me?

Does your macbook pro get hot?

7. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

I am just saying that your computer is normal. Depending on the demands of the cpu and the heat, your fans will go up to 6000 rpm. That is normal. 40-90*c is normal temps. depending on what you are doing.

I was just trying to warn you from spending too much time worrying about the numbers with istat. People on here are always worried that there mbps are overheating when in reality, your computer will shut down before any damage can actually be done.

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

This is SO true!

When I first got my MacBook Pro I was obsessed with fan speeds and temps from iStats.

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040