Should I return my MBP 13 for the new one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thinkinblue613, Feb 24, 2011.

1. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Hey guys, I bought my MBP 13 2010 model about 3 weeks ago. It's a refurbished model and I needed a laptop to replace my older 2006 MBP. I thought the refresh was going to be around summer so that is why I didn't wait for the refresh. Now, we all know it released today. I'm very happy with what I have but with the refresh being so soon from when I bought it, I'm kicking myself for not holding out a few more weeks!

I was wondering if I can go to the Apple Store and bring my refurbished MBP, wiped and restored to original settings, and swap it out for the new one. It's in clean and great condition. Is there a restocking fee and do you think its worth the trouble to get the newer model?

I apologize if this has been asked before and thanks to those who reply.

2. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

Too bad, you're beyond your 14 day return period, so they won't exchange it.

3. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

They won't exchange for a refurb even if it was within the 14 days. Call apple and tell them you want to return it. They might make an exception for you. Be nice though.

4. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

Right, never hurts to ask.

I was once just beyond my 14 day return period and I had my wife return my MacBook Pro. She is a head-turner though. She went into the back with one of the "geniuses" and came out with a brand new MBP and an Apple Cinema Display! They were back there a long time though...shrug...

5. thinkinblue613 thread starter macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Sacrifices must be made... Alright, so they accept returns AT the Apple Store itself? Or is it via phone/online only?

I'm going to call them tonight, hopefully they'll help me out.

6. thinkinblue613 thread starter macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

At 11:11, I made a wish.. That they would allow me to return my MBP.

At 11:36, that wish came true.

Thought I'd let you guys know, Apple was cool enough to accept my return request!

I explained my case:

• Ordered on Feb 1
    • Shipped on Feb 2
    • Blizzard all across America that week delayed my shipment (blessing in disguise?)
    • MBP arrived Feb 9 instead of the 5th
    • Missed the 14 day return policy by 2 days.
    • Before this MBP, I had a 2006 MBP which was really due for an upgrade.

I'd like to thank the representative I talked to, Thomas, for keeping an Apple customer happy!

Even though I have to wait a little longer for the new one, that's what I should have done in the FIRST PLACE. Silly me.

7. Rapscallion macrumors regular