Should I return my MBP because of the display problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justmegaga, Sep 16, 2008.

1. justmegaga macrumors newbie

I got my refurbished MBP 15" last Friday. The infamous display problem - vertical striping showing on the screen. Although it can be fixed by resetting the display, I am worried that may get worsen by time.

According to the information on this site and other online resources, Apple are not able to fix it so far. I even heard someone had their display exchange 3 times. That means, even I get it to the Apple Store, it may still come back the same. If I exchange to another MBP, I may end up with same problem.

I wonder if I should just return it and wait till the problem is solved... but I really don't want to do that. That's why I need some advice.

2. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

You don't need to return it. Replace it is better!:D

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Exchange it and check it before you leave the store.

4. justmegaga thread starter macrumors newbie

The display problem is intermittent. It probably won't show at the store. Then, I will have to run back to the store again when it happens.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The short answer is yes. You have paid a lot of money for this machine and you are entitled, under law and under the terms of the warranty, to a product that performs as it is meant to, without flaw.

Return it and request a replacement as often as it takes for you to obtain a flawless machine.

Cheers and good luck

6. Habusho macrumors 6502

Absolutely, getting a refurb doesn't mean you have to be stuck with a lemon. Just go into the store and be polite but firm, tell them of the problem and that it's a known issue. I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

7. hajime macrumors 68030

You can take a video and show it to people at the store. Not sure if the refresh rate will interfere with the image quality.