Should I return my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lilcosco08, Jan 6, 2011.

  1. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

    lilcosco08

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dayton
    #1
    Well, needless to say, I was quite impressed by the performance of sandy bridge chips at CES.
    I currently have the 2010 13" pro, and have until Friday to return it.

    Do you think I should wait for the sandy bridge refresh? I could easily live on an iPad until then.

    Also, if I'm a few days out of the 14 day return window, am i SoL if I decide to return it?
     
  2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

    docal97

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Location:
    Southampton
    #2
    No way to know when a refresh will occur, nor if the SB chip will be in the 13 inch. Apple usually reserves the high end chips for the 15 and mostly 17 inchers.

    So it depends on how badly you want the latest and greatest and how willing u are to wait.

    With that being said, you have an amazing machine that will serve you well for a long time.
     
  3. laser71 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    Location:
    Canada
    #3
    Keep what you have - it's perfectly capable, and who knows when the refresh will be. Even then, you may have to wait some time to get the new model.

    Even if the new refresh is spectacular and you decide you NEED to have it, you can sell your current machine for a fairly high resale.
     
  4. lilcosco08 thread starter macrumors 65816

    lilcosco08

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dayton
    #4
    I'll think about it. Leaning toward keeping it.

    Slightly off topic time

    If this article is correct,http://tinyurl.com/c2d-april then would that mean that the C2Ds currently being used can be used until April? Or would it be 'till October?
     
  5. huythanhv2 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    #5
    To my experience, in Australia, it usually happens after the Back To School promotion ends 2 weeks (to prevent ppl return the old models I guess?).

    It ends on 28 March 2011 here. Do your calculation =)

    PS: last year I did wait around 3 months from January so I could get a hand on the new model.
     

Share This Page