Should I return my refurbished IMac for a better deal??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yazmeen, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Yazmeen macrumors newbie

I just purchased a refurbished IMac 20" model from Apple. The specs are 2.66/2gb/320 hardrive with nvidia 9400M for 1071$ that is including taxes and everything! It ships with Snow leopard and ILife 09. Also I got the Magic Mouse for 32$ so basically the total was 1103$. They also gave me a free wired french keyboard because the Rfb IMac came with an english one. So I basically have two keyboards right now.
    Do you guys think that it was a good deal or that it would have been better to get the new ones?
    Thanks Alot :)

2. Drago89 macrumors member

As far as i know apple retail stores like macmall for example don't charge tax and there the new imac is priced at 1129$ ( base model )

so if i'm right i think that it's not good deal

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Base 24" is 1099$ from refurb store... LINK

That's not so good deal. You could get a new one for less than 100$ more and they have faster CPU, bigger screen, twice as much RAM...

4. Yazmeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to mention im from Canada

In canada the refurbished 24" IMac is 1099$ before taxe and mine was 949$ before taxe the 20" model (2.66/2gb/320 HD) Nvidia card 9400m. Also the new ones that just came out are 1299$ before taxe (the base model). I dont know what is Macmail, I know that Apple always charges taxe on anything you buy.
    So basically: My IMac was 1070$ after taxe and it includes ILfe 09 and Snow
    leopard and the mouse and keyboard of course. I added 33$ to get the magic mouse instead of 75$. So the new total is 1103$ (final price with taxe etc). Also as I mentioned earlier, they will be sending me a free french keyboard wich usually costs around 60$ or 70$ Im not too sure. So what do u guys think? Was is a good deal or should I return it (if i can :confused:)
    Thanks again