should i return my rMBP and are these temps normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmwmdriver89, Jul 19, 2012.

1. bmwmdriver89 macrumors newbie

i picked up the base model 2.3ghz macbook pro with retina. my bottom of the computer does not sit flush and makes a creeking but im debating whether or not to return because so far i think everything else is working.

I have windows 7 installed via bootcamp and really like gaming on computers. I have battlefield 3 installed with the settings turned up to high and the screen resolution set at 1680X1200. and i recorded my temperatures with hwinfo64 and msi afterburner utility. I just want to clarify with someone on here if my temperatures look normal or if it is running to hot. I want to be sure i am not damaging any of the components on this computer by playing battlefield 3. i will post a screen shot below.

Attached Files:

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Someone is going to post all the stats, but your computer is well within the limits of the CPU.

3. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Your temperatures are perfectly fine, and are pretty low actually. Don't compare them to desktop computer temperatures, if that was your reference.

Gaming can make your temperatures go up to 90C and it's normal.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's normal. CPU's and GPU's generate heat when you use them.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Your computer will shut down before it overheats enough to damage the components, and, as others have said, this is a perfectly normal temp for gaming on a laptop. As far as the creaking hinge, I personally would take it in for an exchange, but are you just talking about retuning it outright?