Should I return my rmbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Seany92, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Seany92, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

Seany92 macrumors newbie

Im completely undecided on what to do . On my rmbp there is high pitch squeak when u apply pressure near the speaker above and below it. Also theres a small noise when you apply pressure near the middle screw on the thunderbolt side. Its only evident when I apply above average pressure to that area but not buy much. The right side makes no sound whats so ever and doesnt move the slightest. I have called apple and they will send me a new one and I can keep my old one when send the old mac back within 5 days or receiving the replacement.

Apart from this small noise the mac is great nothing else wrong and I have a samsung screen. Should I bother with all this ? I'll try get some sort or a video up.

Edit: heres a vid vimeo will have it in about a hour because I know people dont like dropbox uploads https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49611040/IMG_2285.MOV

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

Its possible you might just need the screws tightened. If you are near an Apple Store then book an appointment and see what they say.

Alternatively you can get the tools to tighten them yourself.

3. Seany92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I think too but theres not a store in Ireland. I dont know if I can get a screw driver fast enough before the 14 days expire.

4. stuaz macrumors 6502

Then contact Apple Customer care and return it for a new one.

5. petereoin macrumors member

Compub is a Apple Authorised Service Provided in Ireland

6. Seany92 thread starter macrumors newbie

There 2 hours away which is alot on a 125cc bike :D Buddy of mine might have a screw driver to check.

7. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

8. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue. I had an Apple Genius reseat the bottom cover however he ruined the pentalobe's screw head. My suggestion is to just order the pentalobe and do it yourself. I eventually purchased one from Amazon for less than $5.

I ended up returning the rMBP though and purchasing a MBA for now.

Took a quick video which clearly shows that the bottom cover has some noticeable play:[/COLOR][/B]

[​IMG]