I just found out that my college is part of some network that means I could get an iBook for £600, or £720 if I upgrade the HD to 100GB. I've been having crazy thoughts for a while, as I've got a one year old 12" 1.33GHz PowerBook (combo drive), but I've been seriously thinking of selling it and buying a 12" 1.33GHz iBook. Is that insane? Pros of getting the iBook New computer (under warranty) Better battery life Better wireless reception Arguably a bit tougher Tiger Scrolling trackpad Motion sensor hard drive Would have money left over to buy an external hard drive, and other bits. Pros of keeping the PowerBook This computer's fine! iBooks lower quality than PowerBooks overall? HD is 5400 (I think) so faster than the iBook's Slightly smaller and lighter Looks more professional More VRAM - 64MB over 32MB Can natively screen span (although I've only done this about 3 times) This is the first expensive thing I've owned so I'm not used to how often to upgrade, etc. My family tends to keep stuff like computers until they die, and then shell out for a new one. But this seems like a fairly good time to upgrade, as the iBooks are so good. I wouldn't be losing too much money, and I'd have a newer computer, that hopefully would hold its value. And in a couple of years when it seems a bit slow, I'll a) hopefully be a fabulous graphics professional and b) be able to splash out on a nice desktop. Will I notice the difference with 32MB VRAM as opposed to my PowerBook's 64 MB? I don't play games, but I do use PhotoShop a fair bit. I don't do any video editing. I don't know how much I could get for the PowerBook? £1000? £900? I don't know. It's got an upgraded HD to the faster 5400 80GB, and 768 MB RAM. If I could sell it for £900, say, that would leave me £150 to get an external HD, and £50 to get a bluetooth mighty mouse when it comes out. Also, I don't know where to sell it - eBay's a bit risky. Maybe to someone at college. I have no idea. There are so many pros and cons to it! I'm stuck in a giant dilemma. And I won't even go there as far as "When will they next be upgraded?". What would you do in my situation?!