Should i sell my cd blackbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bsolomonny, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. bsolomonny macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Location:
    Taiwan
    #1
    Hi all,
    I have a friend who has offered $800 my cd blackbook with 2gb. I was considering upgrading to a SR MBP. Is $800 a good price for my beloved macbook?
    Thanks for all your help.
     
  2. drake macrumors 6502a

    drake

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
    #2
    $800 US? Anyway, you might be able to get more, depending on the local market. I sold my white CD Macbook for $850cdn (1,8ghz, 1gb ram and 80gd drive).
     
  3. bsolomonny thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Location:
    Taiwan
    #3
    It is a really hard decision...i truly love my CD blackbook. It is in pristine condition and i upgraded it to 2 gb of ram. However, I am feeling that any investment in a apple computer will make me exponentially happier. If that is even possible. And the newest SR MBP will be very future proof.
     
  4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

    Deepdale

    Joined:
    May 4, 2005
    Location:
    New York
    #4
    The offered price may be a bit low, but given the praise you have for your MB you might want to keep it longer. The newest SR MBP may be more future proof at this time... then the next update will invariably come and many will state how they need to upgrade again.

    The key is what your needs are and whether you are being satisfied with all aspects of performance given what you do on a daily basis. If something new will bring that much more happiness, then go for it with a good deal of confidence. Best wishes!
     
  5. teflon macrumors 6502a

    teflon

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    #5
    Sounds like your mb still fits your needs very well and since you're so fond of it, you shouldn't sell it. Just keep it and wait for the Penryn mb/mbp until upgrading. By then, the performance difference will be larger (better performance, less power usage) and it gives you a better reason to upgrade. Right now, you wouldn't notice much of a difference using every day apps if you upgrade. Also, the mb would probably have LED screen and better graphic by then so you don't need to upgrade to a mbp.
     

Share This Page