Should I sell my current iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marty1990, Oct 22, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

If the 'Mini' and a refreshed iPad are to be released tomorrow, is it worth selling the current 'New' iPad?

Currently, I use my iPad for graphic apps when am on the go, such as iDraw, Photoshop Touch, Adobe Ideas etc., just for basic stuff when am not near my computer. I play a few games, not many, and then I browse online, listen to music and watch Netflix.

I'm a bit concerned that, if a refreshed iPad is to be released - and going off rumours, it will have an A6 chip, same GPU, IGZO screen, and a better battery life, so is it worth selling my current 'New' iPad to then purchase the upcoming refreshed iPad, if it's to actually be announced tomorrow?

I'm just a bit bothered that apps are going to only cater for the A6 chip, and stop running on the current iPad.

... and then the idea of the iPad Mini is appealing, especially if the iPad apps are going to be released for the Mini, then portability would be far greater than with the current iPad.

Or aren't my concerns likely to happen?

2. Jinzen macrumors 6502

Incorrect.

Apps are tailored to the lowest common denominator, so iPad apps are tailored to A4/A5, not even A5x let alone A6. Maybe in 3 years Apps might make use of A6.

3. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

That doesn't mean that apps which require full chip processing would go faster in an A6. (e.g. Exporting long movies in iMovie)

4. knemonic macrumors 6502a

I already sold my ipad 3 a month and a half ago and even bought a broken ipad 2, which I repaired and sold on ebay.

I really would rather have a mini, simply for the smaller form factor, lighter, easier to read on (i found I read way more books now than ever with the ipad).

5. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

So, I should be good with the iPad 3 for at least the next year, year and a half, and most, if not all apps should still run fine for me? Was a bit worried with the announcement with the iPad 4, cuz I was thinking they'd just cut off all ties with it, since it's been removed from their site. So, upgrade cycle wise, it's worth doing it every two years, as opposed to every year?