Should I sell my iMac 20" Core Duo now or after WWDC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by milky23, May 4, 2007.

1. milky23 macrumors regular

Hey folks,

This may be a stupid question, but would it be a better idea to sell my iMac 20" Core Duo now in the hopes that Apple updates the MB/MBP line at WWDC? I plan on replacing my iMac with a laptop, but I really only want to switch if Apple's next line uses Santa Rosa. However, I'm afraid of losing a couple hundred dollars of resale value if I wait till after WWDC. What do you all think?

2. md11 macrumors member

The game is simple: If there's an update on the iMac you'll loose a few bucks. If only the portables get updated, I doubt you'll loose anything.

3. Yaja123 macrumors regular

i dont think youll lose anything. you have to remember that you & most people on these forums are 'down' with whats the latest and greatest and appreciate the significance in the numbers. whereas there is a whole bunch of (ignorant) people who are behind us and dont really posses the geekiness trait to educate themselves fully on whats what in the world of computing. so you will always get more or less the value pre any apple upgrade. and the not everyone wants the latest or has the budget to get it.

4. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

It is a gamble you will have to take.

I guess it will also matter how much media attention any updates get. Obviously this will make people aware that your Mac is an older version.