Should I sell my iMac and Mac Mini together or separately?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WizardHunt, Jan 16, 2010.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Hi Everyone,
    I have a question that needs some feedback on it. I am going to be buying the new 27" iMac Quad Core and well that means I will be selling my iMac 3.06 Ghz (early 2009 model) and my Mac Mini (Late 2007 model).

My question is this, should I list them separately on Ebay or together as a package like a Father/Son package... I am thinking that may be a bit high price to list them together as most people usually only buy one computer at a time. Any ideas?

Both computers will come with their own time machine drive (1 TB) and some software added, but I might benefit selling them separately? Ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Separately. Not many people wanna buy two computers at once.
    And if they do, you can post a hint in either auction, that you also sell another Mac.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The potential buyer pool for them together is much, much smaller than either of them separately.

4. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I would sell them separately and if someone wants to buy both, he can always click the "see sellers other items" tab

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

sell separately...

you can also put the links of your other posting in your posting (like put a link for mac mini on your imac's posting...) that ways if anyone wants to buy both of them they can have a look at them easily..

6. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

Exactly. I agree with the others. You should sell them separately. As it has already been mentioned, a computer isn't something that people really buy in "bulk". Just like most people don't buy more than one TV at a time.

7. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I'd sell them separately. I agree with you; people may be leery of purchasing two computers in the same auction.

Good luck,

Habitus :apple:

8. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

seperately without a doubt, no one usually wants 2 computers [​IMG]

9. Ardoptres macrumors regular

If you like making money, sell them separately.

10. seb-opp macrumors 6502

no one wants to buy two desktops! If it was an iMac and a Macbook Air then maybe your idea would be more credible

11. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

ok Thanks for all the feedback. I now know that I should sell them separately. I am in the process of doing that as we speak. Thanks for all the feedback. No more replies are necessary unless you want to comment. Thanks again.