Should I sell my iPad 1 to get an iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alvi, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I don't really use my iPad that much, it's too big to carry it with me most of the time and it can't replace my MacBook either. Maybe if I had a desktop computer and an iPad it would work out better.
    Right now I only use it because it's my single iOS device but if I get an iPhone it would overlap the iOSiness of the iPad and my MacBook would overlap the big screen device category.
    I don't have a lot of money to get an iPhone since I will get it without a contract or with a small one and pay more upfront, so selling my iPad would help and maybe I could get an iPad 3 in the future since the iPad 1 feels a tiny bit sluggish already.

I would surely miss my iPad, iCloud and I wouldn't sell it since I usually like to keep 1st generation devices.

What would you do?

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You say you don't use your iPad much, but then your last sentence states that you would miss it.

I would say that if you don't use your iPad all that much, then sell it to get the 4S. I see you have a Galaxy phone (judging by your signature). So couldn't you just sell that to get the iPhone, yet still keep your iPad?