Should I sell my iPad 2 for an iPad 1?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maxpej, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Maxpej macrumors newbie

I'm so lost. I have a white 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad 2 with a green smart cover. I only have 1.3 GB free on it. I need more memory but can wait for an iPad 2 32GB and save my money? Or get a iPad 3G 64 with some cash? I already have an iPhone and MBP. hmmmmm...

2. mytran80 macrumors regular

I love my iPad 2 but after playing with it for weeks I don't think the iPad 2 is far superior than the iPad 1 ,it's faster but the iPad 1 is fast enough I would say + the iPad 2 cameras is a thumb up but the quality is dreadful so 1 thumb down .

I say go for the iPad 1 , and if you buy now AT&T website has a super promo where you can buy a new 64gb wifi + 3G model for only $529!! Hella cheap

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

That's kind of a tough question to answer since you haven't stated what you want to be doing with your ipad. Offhand your options are to:

1. Manage your video and music library a bit better and trim them down to size a bit. iPads have good battery life, but you won't listen or watch EVERY song and/or video between charges.

2. If size and your available funds are more important than the modest speed increase, return your ipad if it's within the 2 week window and get a 64 gig v1, either online from the applestore, or possibly craigslist.

3. If you need more storage and speed, return your pad if possible, and wait it out until you've got the funds and the ipad version you want is readily available. Once the 2's ship for a couple more weeks, supply and demand will even out a bit and slowly bring an end to the ipad 2 feeding frenzy that's currently happening.

4. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

do you want to account for the new form factor at all? or does the weight/size not matter?

5. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Take you music off your iPad (use your ipod for music).

16gigs is plenty for apps if you don't put music or videos on your iPad