iPad Should I sell my iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aoumi83, Sep 13, 2013.

1. aoumi83 macrumors newbie

May 31, 2012
    Hi guys, I've had my ipad 2 for a good long while now and with the ipad 5 just around the corner and 3 generations later I'm assuming it will be worth an upgrade, do you think I should think about ebaying it before the 5 comes out for maximum sale value? If I wait until after the 5 and the ipad 2 is discontinued the resale value might go through the floor and I'm part funding my upgrade by selling my ipad 2 :)

So what do you think? sell, wait or wait another year?
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    With the iPad I like to skip 1 year. This way it isn't getting long in the tooth. So for you, it makes a lot of sense to get the iPad 5 when it comes out and get rid of the iPad 2. You'll be amazed at the jump in specs and screen. Even from an iPad 2 to 4 is likely amazing for you.

And if you're not sure what to have for lunch today, I recommend Chinese food.
  3. aoumi83 thread starter macrumors newbie

May 31, 2012
    I guess what I'm really wanting to know is whether I'm going to get significantly less on ebay for my 2 after the 5 comes out than I would if I sold it now.
  4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2006
    Columbia, SC
    eBay is kinda a crap shoot on prices. Selling now may get a better price.
  5. taptic macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2012
    Try selling on craigslist first... generally people will pay more than on eBay.
  6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Sep 5, 2013
    Oregon, USA
    People shopping for a 2 aren't looking at release dates and best to have the new machine proven before cutting the old free. Don't want to leave something behind! Best to hold/buy/sell.
  7. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Dec 26, 2002
    Near Charleston, SC
    Well, considering I sold my iPad 4 to get the iPad 5 I'd say sell! ;)
    As far as where to sell I'd agree that Craig's List is the way to go though I might would suggest putting it on Facebook. My son sold his that way to a friend he didn't know was looking for one.