Should I sell my iphone 3g for the 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Jun 20, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Currently I have a 3G iphone on tmobile

IT cost me a dollar a day, and 15cents a minute with unlimted txt and internet

breaks down to about 50 bucks a month give or take a few bucks.

I only get edge internet, (a super slow 170kb/s) due to the fact tmoble and at&t use diff 3g frequency so it is not compatible.

Its only 8GB

Unlocked

I can probly sell for 300 on craigslist.

Should I sell it and get a brand new 3gs 32 GB iphone for 300 with a two year contract.

My plan would be 90 dollars a month, but my parents are willing to pay 30 a month, so it would break down to about 60 bucks a month, 10 bucks more than what i am paying now. So for 10 bucks more a month, should I get the brand new 32 GB iphone with 3G and all the other 3gs goodies or should I stick with my super slow iphone on tmobile.

2. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I'm keeping my 3G and not upgrading.. The LITTLE difference in upgrades is not worth it for me.. I will wait until next year...

James

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Two-three times as fast, amazing camera, great video capturing, voice control, twice capacity, twice the RAM, oleophobic screen, magnetometer. Sounds like a pretty big update, at least more than last year's. What was it? 3G and a GPS?

I'd definitely go for it, OP. For $10/m to get this amazing phone (the differences are night and day) I wouldn't hesitate. If you work, that's like an hour of pay for a month of increased productivity and fun. Think about it.

5. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

i still dont understand, apart from the slightly better camera and faster processor. the other upgrades like video and video editing seem to be software upgrades. would of thought apple would release them as apps for the previous iphones?

~wibble

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

The faster processor probably makes it feasible to have these functions on the new 3GS, as opposed to the slower 3G.