Should i sell my iphone 5 16gb for $900?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tech-Challenged, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Tech-Challenged macrumors newbie

I got it as a gift. I was already a AT&T subscriber but have never owned an smartphone before. I think $200 was payed for it with the sign up plan.

Im wondering what charges wud i have to pay if i wanted to cancel the data plan i just signed up for (i use a 10yr old Nokia and therefore dont need the net on my phone) but keep my contract with AT&T.

$700 is alot of money, im not sure im understanding this right. Any Earnest advise is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

Why not try giving the smartphone a go?
    It took a lot of convincing for me to move from my old Nokia to the iPhone 3GS, but after a few months I grew to love it.
    I've recently moved up from my 3GS to the 5, it's an amazing phone.
    In the end though, you're just asking us to make a decision which, ultimately, should be yours.

3. Tech-Challenged thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Im set on selling it if i can make $700 off of it. Thing is, im not sure i understand or am missing something. Im guess im just shocked that someone would be willing to pay an extra $250 for it cuz they cant wait 4 more weeks.

4. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

You would not pay anything as you're not breaking your contract as long as you keep you line active on any plan. Data and other services you can change at any time and do not count.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Gift?

Why would somebody give you this - what contract now can not upgrade for two years?

No matter what, if you can make $700, go for it.