Should I sell my iPod touch 3G for the iPod touch 5G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coolguy879, Sep 15, 2012.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Perhaps, yes.

Then again, up reflection, maybe not.

Wait.

Giving it more thought:
    Sure.
    But only if you want to. Don't let anyone force you into doing something you're not comfortable with.

2. hellothere231 macrumors regular

If i was you, i probably would. The iPod touch 3g can't update to iOS 6. They dropped support for it. Also it's pretty slow compared to the ipod touch 5g.

3. bigloudbang macrumors member

It's up to you, but I'm keeping my Touch 4. It still works and when i get my Touch 5 my 4 will be used as a alarm clock music player for the bedroom sitting on the iPod dock.

4. coolguy879 thread starter macrumors member

Well Siri and iOS 6 have won me over so **** the iPod touch 3G. iPod touch 5G, HERE I COME!

5. k1lljoy macrumors member

iPod touch 3G is outdated and incapable. I'd go for the new iPod over that any day, as long as money isn't a concern. It's definately a better system

6. kaydot macrumors regular

What about the 5G has you sold? I'm staying with my 3G. It does everything I want except it's battery is getting old.

7. coolguy879 thread starter macrumors member

Read my earlier post: Siri and iOS 6.

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Despite the new models the iPod Touch 3rd gen is still the most common one I see around - In fact, many of my friends prefer them because of their robustness :) If I just wanted a music player I'd go with an iPT3g.

9. Moocher macrumors regular

Yes

I've had all gens of the Touch. IF you can afford it, yes, buy the new one. Even the 4th gen feels too slow with the newer apps. I'd buy it just for the speed and all the other benefits (screen, Siri, a new battery, etc.) are just icing on the cake.

Moocher

10. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

body style.
    higher quality camera. (I have a 4G 64GB)
    nicer screen.
    faster processor.

The killer for me is the new style sync port. I have way too many peripherals that will need to change. So in spite of all that, I'm sticking with what I've got.