Should I sell my iPod Touch, before the 9th?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NStocks, Sep 3, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

With more rumors about new iPod touch just round the conrner, do you think it will be more wise to sell before the new generation comes out ? I was only selling because I thought the UK free iPod Touch offer would have alread started ( could mbe in a few weeks with new generation ?)

Does the ebay market g down alot in terms of new products just being released, and not many people thinking about updates. Also I would expect to get £120 today for it, do we think the new Generation will be cheaper then the current generation retailing at £199 for 8GB? But I may even get a iPhone if they come out on Pay as you go in the UK beofre Christmas apparently.

NStocks

P.S The iPod Touch on the macrumors homepage looks awesome!

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

if you want to sell it, now would definitely be the time.

make sure you have the end date before the 9th so your high bidder doesn't fink out when he/she sees the price of the new one.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I don't think so. The new touch won't have much different because it will run the same software. You might get a slightly sleeker form factor, and if rumors are to be believed, physical volume buttons. But it's basically going to be the same device. My prediction is that the biggest change will be that the 8 GB will be dropped, and the prices on the 16 and the 32 will each come down by $100.

4. 184550 Guest

As people have stated above, the changes aren't shaping up to be that much. If you want to upgrade for the hell of the new design, then you'd better sell now.

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

The new Touch could have GPS, it's been rumored.

There will also most likely be price drops and storage increases.

It would be a wise investment from a business perspective to sell now, and buy a new one. You would most likely end up making money, and get a new-edition Touch to boot.