Should I sell my MacBook pro for iMac and MacBook air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBookPr0, Jul 4, 2011.

1. MacBookPr0 macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2011
    So my school is giving me a MacBook air 11 this year and I already have a 17 inch 2.53 i5 mid 2010 MacBook pro. So I was wondering if I should sell it and then buy a 27 inch iMac this year, and then have the MacBook air. I type alot of papers, do video editing, some light photo editing, alot of web and some game playing. Suggestions and experiences?
  2. mitchelljohnson macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2011
    If the school is giving you the air for free, then I would surely sell the Pro if a decent price could be attained for it. The iMac will be a great addition, and the SSD from the air would be convenient. I would totally go for the air/imac combo.
  3. MacBookPr0 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2011
    Yeah thats why I was thinking because I would have the best of portability and then a big screen and power. Anyone else have any thoughts?
  4. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2011
    Sounds like a great plan. Go for it! I would do the exact same if my school was giving me a free MBA :D
  5. MacBookPr0 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2011
    Well at least they're giving it to me for four years. But hey it a good deal I think ill check out macmall because they have some good deals right now