Should I sell my MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBooksRock, Jan 7, 2008.

1. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

Should I sell the MacBook in my sig? I have a PowerBook G3 Pismo that I can use until MacWorld. One question, will the new macs @ MacWorld come out the day they are presented? Or when? And, will the new Sub Notebook possibly have a dedicated video card?

2. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

If you just gotta have the newest and latest...but the one in your signature is darn nice too!

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

No one who answers your questions definitively prior to the 15th is going to know anything for sure. Any answer you get is going to be speculation.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I'd keep it until your sure you like the new one. You may not.

5. mattp macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation

My friend JUST bought a new MacBook over the holidays (mid December), so if he wanted to, he can still return it by tomorrow (Jan 8) thanks to Apple's generous holiday return policy (he'd still have to pay the restocking fee, about $150).

Looking at the MacBook, the current model is fairly recent - I don't see why Apple would come out with something to replace or directly compete with it anytime soon.

The key word from all the rumors is "ultra-portable". The reality is, even if they announce something at the same price point as a MacBook (like $1500), it might very well be thinner/smaller(?) but as a result will likely have features and power no greater than, and almost certainly less than, the current MacBook.

Less size = more expensive than current MacBook = less features at the current price. Right?

6. mattp macrumors newbie

Announcement and Return Policy?

Does anyone know what Apple's policy has been historically regarding products that are revamped? For example, "anyone who bought [some Apple product] in the last [some short time] can exchange it for a new one".

I'm not a n00b - I know that any such policy would be the result of much generosity on Apple's part. Like when they cut the iPhone price, you always will get something better/cheaper by waiting, but then of course, you're always waiting...