Should I sell my MB :confused:

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by guitarmaster18, Aug 8, 2007.

1. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

I am on the edge of taking the plundge and selling my MB and using that money to buy a new iMac, with the ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO, because I would like to at least be able to run photoshop and Halo well. Right now I am ultra frustrated with it and don't have enough money for anything else except for an iMac. To me the iMac is a tremendous value, not to mention that I will be hooking it up to a 23" ACD. But, then I sort of want to keep my MB because I don't like the idea of getting something and keeping it for like a month, then selling it again, and also I like the portability... I think that I am just going to sell it and get an iMac because I can not stand the GMA! I had no idea when I bought it! ARGH! Oh, and can some one tell me how much a 1 Month old spotless black macbook with 2 GB of ram, 2.0 GHz processor, and a 120 GB Harddrive would sell for? Thanks.

2. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Personally, I can get by without games. I cannot live without my notebook.

A quick search through completed items on ebay shows that you'd probably get around eleven hundred for it, maybe twelve.

3. moez macrumors regular

If you sell it on CraigsList, you could get a good enough price. You should be able to get atleast the price of the refurb MB on Apple site or maybe even more (more because of the 2GB RAM). But, I would say around 20-50$ lesser than the refurb. Try to emphasize the 2GB part and Black color. Also, if you have the sleeve and stuff, try selling those also as u wont b needing them.

Thats how I did to sell my BlackBook and got a pretty good price :D

Edit: Although it took me a month to sell it so just beware of that!

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I seem to remember seeing that Photoshop is processor bound, not graphics bound, and you probably have a Power PC version if it's slow. The system requirements on the apple site for CS3 don't specify a graphics card except for some 3d effects, so performance won't be helped that much by changing to an iMac. Check out that before you decide what to do - it would be a shame to change to do a certain task and find you still can't do it satisfactorily.

As for games, would you not be better off investing in a console to play them?

A MacBook is still a damn fine machine (bar the graphics card), and if you want portability, an iMac ain't gonna do it.

5. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I sold my white book in a day through these forums. You're right though, he's going to have to go below refurb value, especially if he wants it to move quick.