Should I Sell my MBP?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by marty1990, Jul 30, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I'm at university studying for a degree in graphic design. I'm hoping that this is the career I'll end up achieving once I graduate.

Currently the only computer I own is a late 2011 MBP. I have Windows laptops in the house, but the MBP is mine for work. Once I graduate, am considering selling my MBP, and purchasing a refurbished base model iMac, and a refurbished 11" MacBook Air. I have an iPad which I use as a portable graphics tablet... sort of. I use it for iDraw mainly.

Anyway, what do you think? Or should I keep my MBP and juar get an iMac? I realise I'm going to need a dedicated desktop computer with a larger screen, but I don't know whether to get rid of my MBP and replace it with an Air for portability. Since I've made the switch to OS X, I'd prefer to stick with it from now on. Or should I just stick to the MBP and use that as my main machine and my portable machine?

What do you think?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

I would keep the MBP and at some point in the future get either a TB display or some other good quality external monitor. That should save you a lot of money and you get to keep the more powerful and capable MBP.