Should I sell My New MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ghsNick, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I realized I haven't been using my new 11inch Air as much as I thought I was.

I bought AppleCare for it too...so it came out to around $1400.

I'm thinking the iPad will suit my needs and if I went with the most expensive one I'd still be getting around $600 back.

My question is...What is the best and safest way to resell this thing?
    To Apple or will another buyer give me more?

And how do I get my money back for Apple Care since they reimburse you if you never got to use the warranty?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Definitely not apple. They will rip you off pretty good. Based on your post count and how long ago you joined, you can sell it on the marketplace here.

3. harleymhs macrumors 6502

4. Xikum macrumors 6502

Try selling it on Craiglist if your from the US, or Gumtree if your from the UK. You should get nearly all your money back. Either that, or you sell your iPad and use the MBA for your portable device.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Once you have 250 posts and have been a member for 6 months, you'll see it on the main page for the forums. It's a place for people to sell their personal items (i.e. not a forum for commercial exchanges).

----------

In your AppleCare agreement there is an 800 number you can call to cancel your policy. I think you need to fax or mail proof of payment to them and they will give you a pro-rated refund.

Give the Marketplace a shot, particularly as refurbished units have not yet shown up on Apple's website.