Should I sell my PS3?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Belm, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Belm macrumors regular

I don't know what to do. I'm starting school in a couple weeks and I'm dead broke. I don't have a job yet, but I'm working on it. I'd probably use the money to buy an iPod Touch or a guitar don't know yet.

I haven't even turned my PS3 on in about 4 months. The only reason I want to keep it is for the games coming out next year. I only payed $340 for it and would be asking for $300. I'll probably buy another one when I get some more money. I'm just wondering if it would be dumb to sell it in the first place. Any light to shed?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't keep a current-gen console if I hadn't turned it on for 4 months.
    And the iPod Touch is a very nice gadget... ;)

Personally I would. Then get a new one when the games you want are out. It'll be cheaper by then anyways.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You are dead broke, sell it and save it for school if you are talking about college.

4. Dany M macrumors 6502

Do you use it as a blu ray player becasue the ps3 is one of the best blu ray players.

5. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

I don't use it as a blu-ray player at all. Honestly, the only Blu-ray I own is the Spiderman 3 one that came with the PS3. I really like raggedjimmi's idea but I don't even know if I'll buy another one. I haven't been that interested in video games lately. I just don't want to end up regretting it later. My 5G iPod is dying though...:cool:

6. SingaporeStu macrumors regular

I say sell the PS3 and buy your iPod Touch. If you can wait, get then next-gen one Apple is supposed to release in Sept.

Keep some cash in hand. In between starting school and getting a job, you'll need a few extra bucks at the ready.

Once you start school and work, you won't have time for a PS3 anyway. And once you earn enough money, you'll probably start lusting after some even more expensive toy that's out of your income bracket. That PS3 is gonna look sooo boring... Or maybe not...

Ok, I'm starting to ramble... Just sell the PS3. You won't miss it.

7. Reventon macrumors 6502

If I was you, I'd probably sell it and buy the iPod Touch, especially if you haven't used it for that long. You probably won't miss it. That is, until GT 5 comes out. :p

8. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Except that's never going to happen... (which is why I bought the demo and am content with it :p )

I say sell it. You will use the iPod touch much more. I would definitely wait until september for new models if you can though.

9. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

I think I'm leaning towards the Touch. I'm definitely going to wait it out until Sept. for the new ones to come out. My 5G video should last until then, I hope. I can't even put music on it and it skips songs.

FWI, the PS3 games I'm waiting for are Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13 and Heavy Rain. So many sequels! :D I can wait for them, I guess.

As one of you stated, I probably won't have much time to enjoy it anyway. I know for a fact that I'll use the Touch everyday, way more than I would use the PS3. Plus, I think the Slim PS3s are coming out soon...

10. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

Mmmm... Macbook Pro

11. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I'll trade you a 2nd Gen iPod touch 8GB for it straight-up ;)

But really. I would.

12. timerollson macrumors 65816

You're dead broke, don't have a job, want to sell your PS3 so you can buy an iPod Touch or a guitar.

Priorities. Where are they?

13. Belm thread starter macrumors regular

They're in hell where they belong!
    Seriously, I mean dead broke as in no extra money for stupid things. I have money to pay what little bills I have for the up to the next 4 months. I'm pretty sure I'll have some part time job by then. I'm not worried about money for school because that's all taken care of. I would simply be trading one thing I really don't need or use, for another thing that I probably don't need but want. You see? ;) Who needs priorities...:rolleyes:

14. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Ahh, to be young and clueless again. Where have the past 10 years gone?

If you are going to end up buying the PS3 again later on, why not just hold onto the one you have? You aren't selling it for something that is time-sensitive or limited and you said yourself that the ipod touch/guitar is something you don't NEED.

Time is limited...don't waste what limited amount of it you have.

15. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

The iPod Touch will play games if you do miss it. But if you have not turned it on in 4 months I would sell it for the iPod.

(It sounds like you just need a new hard drive for your current iPod)