Should I sell my touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GingerPrince, Aug 27, 2008.

  1. GingerPrince macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #1
    hi,

    with all the rumors of an update to the touch, I was thinking of selling the one I currently own before the value drops. I've been offered £250 for it, including an iSkin. It's a 32Gb model.

    Should I bite the bullet and sell?

    cheers,
    Matt
     
  2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

    techlover828

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    #2
    I'd sell it, I've already sold mine. If you're going to sell it, do it before september 9th.
     
  3. GingerPrince thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #3
    can I ask what size you sold and how much you got for it?

    I was wondering if £250 was enough really or should I hold out for more/sell on ebay?
     
  4. skye12 macrumors 65816

    skye12

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Location:
    Austin, Tx
    #4
    I agree. Major updates and new pricing strategy by Apple could
    really hit the value of the current touch. Unless you are happy keeping
    it for a couple years, sell it NOW.
     
  5. a456 macrumors 6502a

    a456

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2005
    #5
    Sell, sell, sell. The Apple Online Refurb Store has them £259.
     
  6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

    techlover828

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    #6
    I had 16gb and I sold for $230

    the refurbs have destroyed the market.
     
  7. Bambeezer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #7
    No kidding. I sold my sister's 16GB with the 2.0 update for the same price. I've been thinking of selling my 8GB with 2.0 before the "Big" ipod event, but I don't want to get caught for a while with out my touch. I use it all the time. Last year there was at least a month or so between the announcement and availability of the new touch.

    Is it reasonable to expect the new touch to be available immediately after announcement? As I think back, it seems replacements are available immediately, but the clip on shuffle was about 2 months away when it was announced.

    Thoughts?
     
  8. macaco74 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    #8
    If I restore my ipod touch to factory settings will the updated software I bought still be linked to the serial number for the next owner? I would hope i/he/she would not have to buy it again.
     
  9. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

    petermcphee

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2008
    #9
    Sell! Sell!

    With the rumored price drop of iPods, it would stink to get stuck with one. Plus, if you regret it, you can simply replace it with a refurb.
     
  10. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

    SaSaSushi

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    Location:
    Takamatsu, Japan
    #10
    It should be a factory restored 2.0 firmware. There won't be any need to purchase the software again.

    I just bought my 16GB Touch a few weeks ago and I love it. For anyone without one currently looking to buy I would of course recommend waiting until the coming announcement but as far as selling your current Touch?? I don't really see the point. I imagine Steve Jobs loves consumers like that who always have to get the newest and latest and decide to do so even before they know what it will be! As far as that goes I don't expect any earth-shattering changes on the new Touch and anyway I have no complaints at all with the current model.

    I still have my 1st gen 10GB iPod here. :p
     
  11. weeman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    #12
    Just like everyone else said, SELL! The values of these suckers are gonna go down once the new ones come out...
     

Share This Page