Should I sell Nikon body / lenses / flash in bundle or separate?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BJB Productions, Oct 8, 2012.

1. BJB Productions, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hi all,
    I hope this is okay to post about this here. I'm just wondering:

I'm selling my Nikon D90 with a few lenses, flash, filters, etc. Because it's sitting around collecting dust since I upgraded a year ago.

I'm simply wondering if I'm better off selling it all as one big bundle on eBay or selling each item separately? One lens is a kit lens that came with the D90, but otherwise it was all purchased separately. Would Adorama be the best option? eBay?

Details on what I'm selling (all in excellent condition, kept super clean and taken care of. With ALL original packaging):
    • Nikon D90 w/ charger and all accessories
    • Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G
    • Nikkor AF-S 18-105 f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR
    • Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED
    • Nikon SB-600
    • Zeikos battery grip

Extras:
    • Tiffen ND 67mm .9
    • Tiffen ND 67mm .3
    • Tiffen 67mm Polarizer
    • (2x) UV Filters

Thanks!

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

separate gets you more $$$ but is more trouble to sell

3. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

What you might want to do is come up with a bundle price and then decide what you want to sell each item for on its own. I usually deal with Craigslist and put the bundle price but then list what I would sell each item for.

4. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yeah, good idea. I might give that a shot.

5. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

Yes, this is a good idea. When I sold my D300 and lenses, flash, etc. on eBay a couple years back, I decided to split everything up. I probably got a little more money than I would've if I sold it as a kit, but a couple items proved difficult to sell. I would list everything separately on ebay with an indication on each listing that you would be willing to sell all as a kit for a fixed price or bundle items. I would additionally post one craigslist ad stating what you are selling with individual as well as bundled prices. If it sells on one, remove the listing on the other.

6. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

Sell the lenses and camera separately and bundle the filters. Sell the grip with the camera. Ebay, ship worldwide except Africa or the PIGS.

7. spacedcadet macrumors regular

Seperately

I'd sell them individually. More chance of finding buyers looking for the different items than a buyer who wants to buy the whole lot at the right price.

8. paul4339 macrumors 65816

have you considered bundling the easy to sell item with some hard to sell items? (eg, bundle the body, 18-105 lens and maybe the battery grip...sell other lens separately. Bundle the filters with with appropriate lens).

This will reduce the likelihood of being stuck with a bunch of leftover items that take forever to sell.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

^This

I would try to sell it as a bundle first. However, if you get no takers, then start selling items individually. It's a pain, but at least you'll get money for the gear you no longer use.

10. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Agreement with most of what's been said. Consider that the 50mm and 70-300mm lenses and the SB600 have a wide potential customer base they definitely should be sold separately. A kit lens has little value on its own because everyone has one of these so should sell with the body. There's little market for the grip, so toss it in with the camera as well. Tiffen filters are too inexpensive to bother with, so toss them in with the appropriate lenses.

11. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

Let me know what you want for the SB-600 I might be interested.

12. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thanks everyone. This has been really helpful--I've posted the lot on Clist listing the package price but also listed the prices for things individually. I also bundled the filters together. So far there's been a lot of interest too.

----------

I'll PM you

13. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

14. shawncooper78 macrumors newbie

RE: Should I sell Nikon body / lenses / flash in bundle or separate?

Don't sell it in a bundle. sell each item separately as you get a fair amount of bucks by selling items separately.

15. zombiecakes macrumors regular

If the items are still being sold new then selling on amazon is easier and gets you more money, just price it at the lowest and it will sell right away if the item is relatively popular.

16. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

None of it is new, but in like new condition with all packaging. I'll look into that but eBay might be a better option for me.

17. zombiecakes, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

zombiecakes macrumors regular

I meant if they are still being manufactured and are being sold on amazon. Amazon has a used section on every product page, but in order to have a product page it needs to still be in production. Nothing Ive sold on Amazon has lasted more than 2 days, the fastest was 8 minutes, its extremely quick. And if you dont want to do any work you can send the items to Amazon and they will sell it with Prime shipping, but they take a large cut if you do that.