Should I sell old C2D Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by surfnode, Aug 23, 2015.

1. surfnode macrumors member

surfnode

Hello,

I have a 2008 2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo 15" Macbook Pro. I have replaced the DVD drive with a 1TB SATA hard drive and likewise have replaced the main system drive with a 120GB SSD. It is also running with 4GB ram.

The SSD has made such a performance boost to the laptop that it is quicker to load applications and perform well compared to my 2012 Mac Mini before I gave that an SSD!!

Just wondering whether its worth selling? I've seen the original spec unmodified selling for approx £150-£175 GBP however wondering whether mine would sell for more because of the performance enhancements I've since made.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have the same machine. I have no reason to sell it. I can not really tell a difference in day to day tasks compared to my newer mbp

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Worth is subjective, if you think you want a newer machine then yeah selling it may make sense as it will help offset the cost of a newer one. If you don't need to buy a new one, why sell this.

As for the price, I don't think the upgrades you performed will materially alter the price, given the age of the laptop, i.e., most people in the market for an older machine will not be willing to pay much more then what you quoted.